CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Has AI Already Killed How-To Nonfiction?

My head has been spinning after getting a spreadsheet roughly a week ago. Before we dive into my dirty laundry, let’s state the obvious: millions of people have a vague sense that AI is changing things. And LLMs sure are convenient for getting answers quickly. My team and I use Claude and other tools daily. […]

Read in full here:

https://tim.blog/2026/06/12/has-ai-already-killed-nonfiction/

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

First poster: bot
The new suite is composed of four products that cover endpoint protection, endpoint detection and response, mobile threat defense, and us...
New
New
First poster: CommunityNews
Google has unveiled a tool that uses artificial intelligence to help spot skin, hair and nail conditions, based on images uploaded by pat...
New
First poster: bot
Within the decade, Google aims to build a useful, error-corrected quantum computer. This will accelerate solutions for some of the world’...
New
First poster: bot
A research group has taught AI to magnetically wrangle a high-powered stream of plasma used for fusion research — but wait! Put away your...
New
First poster: bot
Building games and apps entirely through natural language using OpenAI’s code-davinci model. TL;DR: OpenAI has a new code generating mod...
New
First poster: bot
AI video editor can recognize objects, people, and sounds, allowing editing via text.
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
CommunityNews
LM Studio 0.4.0 introduced llmster and the lms CLI. Here is how I set up Gemma 4 26B for local inference on macOS that can be used with C...
New
First poster: gfqdjb
First enthusiasm A couple of weeks ago I subscribed to Claude Code, and during the first few weeks I had a really nice experience. It was...
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New