CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Found: The 'holy grail of catalysis'– turning methane into methanol

Found: The ‘holy grail of catalysis’—turning methane into methanol under ambient conditions using light.
An international team of researchers, led by scientists at the University of Manchester, has developed a fast and economical method of converting methane, or natural gas, into liquid methanol at ambient temperature and pressure. The method takes place under continuous flow over a photo-catalytic material using visible light to drive the conversion.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

First poster: bot
Some animals and plants are rapidly adapting to our warming, polluted world.
New
First poster: bot
In Japan, Mitsui Chemicals and three other firms are about to demonstrate the feasibility of switching from methane to ammonia as the mai...
New
First poster: bot
Found: The ‘holy grail of catalysis’—turning methane into methanol under ambient conditions using light. An international team of resear...
New
CommunityNews
New public buildings in Finland have to incorporate more wood, which is leading builders to innovate.
New
New
New
New
CommunityNews
After nearly 50 years in space, NASA’s Voyager 1 is about to hit a historic milestone. By November 15, 2026, it will be 16.1 billion mile...
New
CommunityNews
The newly described microbe represents a world of parasitic, intercellular biodiversity only beginning to be revealed by genome sequencin...
New
First poster: AstonJ
The modern longevity movement’s obsession with blood transfusions makes perfect sense — if you accept that Peter Thiel and Bryan Johnson ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New