CommunityNews

CommunityNews

AI Companies Are Buying Tons of Old Books Because They're Free of AI Slop

ISBNdb, a company that sources printed books for AI companies to turn into training data, tells clients “the optics problem is real.”

Read in full here:

https://www.404media.co/ai-companies-are-buying-tons-of-old-books-because-theyre-free-of-ai-slop/

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

First poster: bot
AI Wrote and Performed a Jerry Seinfeld Routine!. I used GPT-3 to write a Jerry Seinfeld stand-up routine about cats - and then used Dee...
New
First poster: bot
AI and the Future of Pixel Art. Creative industries are undergoing a 0 to 1 moment. If you didn’t know, now you do. The impact that AI w...
New
First poster: gflashner
Google’s openly available Gemma collection of AI models has reached a milestone: over 150 million downloads. Omar Sanseviero, a developer...
New
First poster: brennan
It’s Not a Hypothetical, I’ve Already Lost My Job to AI For The Last Year
New
New
CommunityNews
Benchmarks are foundational to evaluating the strengths and limitations of AI systems, guiding both research and industry development.
New
First poster: chris.johan
Stop vibe-coding blindly! Why reading AI-generated code is crucial in 2025. Avoid security flaws, architectural decay, and knowledge loss...
New
First poster: jss
Fuck you people. Raping the planet, spending trillions on toxic, unrecyclable equipment while blowing up society, yet taking the time to ...
New
CommunityNews
Minions are Stripe’s homegrown coding agents, responsible for more than a thousand pull requests merged each week. Though humans review t...
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
Open-source AI coding agent for your terminal. Engineered around DeepSeek’s prefix-cache. MCP first-class · plan mode · MIT.
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New