CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Why not use GraphQL?

Why not use GraphQL? | wundergraph.
I think GraphQL will change the world. There will be a future where you can query any system in the world using GraphQL. I’m building this future. So why would I argue against using GraphQL? My personal pet peeve is when the community keeps advertising benefits of GraphQL that are very generic and really have nothing to do with GraphQL. If we want to drive adoption, we should be honest and take off the rose-tinted glasses. This post is a response to “Why use GraphQL” by Kyle Schrade (Why use GraphQL? | Apollo GraphQL Blog). It’s not meant to be direct criticism. The article is just an excellent base to work with as it represents opinions I keep hearing a lot in the community. If you read the whole article, it’ll take some time, you’ll fully understand why I think Kyle’s article should be named “Why use Apollo”.

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: dyowee
Everyone seems to be striving for ‘clean’ code at the moment. You can’t read a blog post without the author telling you how clean their a...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
You can now buy a 100W USB-C cable with a built-in power meter. They’re just $20 on Amazon, and they work!
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - lucidrains/PaLM-rlhf-pytorch: Implementation of RLHF (Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback) on top of the PaLM architectur...
New
First poster: Korbin73
Whatever happened to Elm, anyway?. I see this question pop up quite frequently in lots of different arenas - folks are curious as to wha...
New
CommunityNews
Building GitHub with Ruby and Rails | The GitHub Blog. Since the beginning, GitHub.com has been a Ruby on Rails monolith. Today, the app...
New
First poster: peterchancc
Why I like Clojure as a solo developer | Biff. Most of the reasons fall into a few categories: data orientation, the JVM, and the REPL.
New
CommunityNews
9 fintech engineering mistakes. Read this list unless you want to build a money dissappearing system
New
CommunityNews
Apple Patents Suggest Future AirPods Could Monitor Biosignals & Brain Activity - AppleMagazine. The US Patent & Trademark Office...
New
CommunityNews
GitHub - ItzCrazyKns/Perplexica: Perplexica is an AI-powered search engine. It is an Open source alternative to Perplexity AI. Perplexic...
New
First poster: jss
Bare is a minimal and modular JavaScript runtime designed for building high-performance apps across desktop and mobile. Open-source, fast...
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New