CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Bootstrap 5 Released

Bootstrap 5 has officially landed! After three alphas, three betas, and several months of hard work, we’re shipping the first stable release of our new major version. It’s been a wild ride made possible by our maintainers and the amazing community that uses and contributes to Bootstrap. Thanks to all who have helped us get here!

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

The biggest thing I notice from that announcement isn’t about Bootstrap 5, but rather that libsass is deprecated… Instead of updating it they decided to just deprecate it, and they replace it with dart-sass, which is not native code and instead requires dart and a dart runtime, so those people who were linking libsass into native programs to run on arch’s that things like javascript and dart don’t support are now just SOL, this does not seem like a smart move by the sass authors, but it does match what I expect from the javascript/dart ecosystems… >.>

andresriveros

andresriveros

Since I changed to TailwindCSS, I have not looked back to Bootstrap 4. I have to try this since I have read that it has been influenced by TailwindCSS.

Maybe it is a nice middle point between the customization of TailwindCSS and the pre-defined templates but the faster development of Bootstrap.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Yeah, screw prebuilt binaries, right? They could have chosen a tool that’s written in Go or Rust and just point people at a website – “you’ll need this tool” – and be done with it but no, as you said the JS ecosystem strikes again.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

First poster: bot
Yew 0.17.4 has been released. Link: Release v0.17.4 · yewstack/yew · GitHub
New
First poster: bot
Dream is an easy-to-use, boilerplate-free Web framework, whose entire API fits on this page! It supports TLS, WebSockets, and GraphQL. H...
New
First poster: AstonJ
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What's new in Svelte: May 2021
New
First poster: bot
Tailwind v2.2.10, v2.2.9 and v2.2.8 has been released. Link: Release v2.2.10 · tailwindlabs/tailwindcss · GitHub Link: Release v2.2.9...
New
First poster: bot
Tailwind v2.2.19 and v2.2.18 has been released. Link: https://github.com/tailwindlabs/tailwindcss/releases/tag/v2.2.19 Link: https://...
New
First poster: bot
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What's new in Svelte: January 2022
New
First poster: bot
Preact 10.6.6 has been released. Link: https://github.com/preactjs/preact/releases/tag/10.6.6
New
First poster: bot
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What's new in Svelte: March 2022
New
First poster: bot
TypeScript v4.9.5 has been released. Link: Release TypeScript 4.9.5 · microsoft/TypeScript · GitHub
New
NewsBot
Vue.js v2.7.16 has been released. Link: Release v2.7.16 "Swan Song" · vuejs/vue · GitHub
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New