AstonJ

AstonJ

Google data cable to link US, UK and Spain

Normally built by telecoms companies, now Google (and others such as FB) are building their own data cables.

Not sure how I feel about this - will it mean ever increasing privacy concerns?

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

If you use HTTPS and such related things then not really. Google’s been doing that for a long long time in the USA though, they owned a lot of dark (unused) fiber across the united states and there were a lot of towns that were lucky to get 1.5mbits when most of the nation had gigabit, so they offer their fiber for use in such towns.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: mafinar
The following languages will help current and new web developers navigate the programming landscape to code web-based services and apps t...
New
First poster: AstonJ
https://permission.site/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
First poster: dyowee
Maybe it’s just my experience, but Object-Oriented Programming seems like a default, most common paradigm of software engineering. The on...
New
CommunityNews
Docker on MacOS is slow and how to fix it. Thanks to the DALL·E 2, we finally have a very nice graphic representation of the feelings of...
New
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
CommunityNews
After switching from Firefox to LibreWolf, I became interested in the idea of self-hosting my own Firefox Sync server. Although I had see...
New
First poster: joeb
The new frameworks will continue until morale improves.
/js
New
New
First poster: andrea
Most of what modern software engineers do involves APIs: public interfaces for communicating with a program, like this one from Twilio. I...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New